The Beginning

Let’s start at the very beginning. a very good place to start. ~ Fraulein Maria in The Sound of Music

Welcome!

Hi. I’m Becki. *waves at crowd or lone reader, who knows?* I am keeping these chronicles, mostly for myself, as a record of my journey towards a healthier lifestyle. Perhaps some of my insights, recipes, successes, and failures will inspire someone else in the same vein. I would love for you to join me as I make big and small changes in an effort to change my body & life.

A little about me

I could start by telling you that I am a 30-something Christian stay-at-home homeschooling mama to three great kids & that my hubby is a self-employed stay-at-home husband. {Our neighbors must think we are doing some illegal stuff here, since no one leaves to go to school or work.} But since this isn’t another mommy blog, I’ll just cut to the chase….

I *love* food. Period.

Seriously. Do I have to say anymore? Shopping for it. Cooking it. Reading about it. Writing about it. I am a {somewhat} trained pastry chef & prior to becoming a Domestic Engineer, I worked in the restaurant field as such. I have a passion for Christian hospitality & love cooking & baking. I have a decent collection of cookbooks and totally dig my subscription to Fine Cooking. My favorite part about making a recipe is watching people eat it & the pleasure that my work brings. I’m weird, I know. On to the nitty gritty…..

The Top 10 Reasons Why I Want and Need a Healthier Lifestyle

#10: Mainly to Lose Weight, which will in turn, hopefully, accomplish most of this list

#9: So I can live longer

#8: So my back won’t hurt as frequently

#7: Because I only get one body {well, until I get to Heaven that is…}

#6: So I can fit into some of my old clothes {a.k.a. closet shopping}

#5: Better sex? *blush*

#4: To learn to have control over just this ONE thing

#3: More energy to do all the things I enjoy & spend active time with my children

#2: So I can look better for my husband

And the #1 reason why I want and need a healthier lifestyle….

…so that this outside shell {my body} can more closely match the beauty of my inside {Spirit}.

So there you have it. And in case you ARE interested in reading my personal blog, I welcome you to visit me there! Thanks for stopping by =)

Copyright © 2008 - Chronicles of an {Almost} Healthy Foodie - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template