Week Two

I survived another week. The scale, however, said 0 pounds lost. I guess depending on my perspective, I could also consider that '0 pounds gained'. I usually do a mid-week weigh-in as well, just to see how my progress is coming along, and at that point, I had lost another 2 pounds, bringing my total to 6 pounds lost! The first two numbers on the scale were a 1 and a 7, which is really super exciting for me. I can't wait for next week to see if I can really and truly say, "Good-bye 180's".

This six pound lost includes a meal from Subway, some Papa John's pizza, a couple ice cream cones from DQ and McD's {only 3 POINTS, people!} and some frozen pizza at a friend's house. I love that I can eat whatever I want, as long as I have the allotted POINTS for it. I am definitely a little more relaxed this time around. Still committed, but not ultra stringent. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I just have to keep telling myself that.

I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans yesterday and they fit! They have a lot of 'stretch' built into the denim, but nonetheless, they fit. I will take whatever small victories I can get. The only thing more frustrating than feeling uncomfortable in your own skin is to be at an 'in-between' size. I never know whether I should wear clothing that is a tad bit too tight or to wear it too loose and baggy. It seems like it'll look not quite right either way. Just more motivation to lose that couple extra pounds to get down to the next size!

Hope you're having a happy, healthy week!

Next post: some great recipes!

1 comments:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

Babysteps is the perfect way to do it! GREAT JOB ON 0 LBS GAINED!!
;0)

Copyright © 2008 - Chronicles of an {Almost} Healthy Foodie - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template